No products in the cart.
Ilford Harman Selenium Toner (1 Liter)
- Liquid Concentrate
- Works on RC and Fiber-Based Paper
- Tonal Change Depends on Paper Used
- Working Strength of Approx. 6 Months
This product is considered hazardous materials. For online orders please contact us via email.
Product available for in-store purchase only!
This is a 1 liter bottle of Harman Selenium Toner from Ilford. It is another innovation by Ilford Photographic, a leader in the film/chemical industry. This toner provides rich and deep blacks with a tendency to push color towards the purplish end of the spectrum. Olive hues will be absorbed yielding brown tones on fiber-based silver paper.
- Selenium toned prints have a subtle look that no other type of toner can yield; Dmax is enhanced with a corresponding “bump” of print quality
- Toxic – Must be handled in a well ventilated area and treated as hazardous waste
- Multigrade Warmtone papers are very responsive to selenium toners: using higher dilutions (e.g.: 1+10, 1+20) gives a slight cooling of the image tone and a shift in hue towards red; When you use at lower dilutions (e.g.: 1+3, 1+5), you can get a purplish brown
- Colder papers react less rapidly, but they still benefit from selenium toning’s highly effective deepening of the maximum black and its expansion of the entire tonal range; The reaction of selenium on the silver halide (AgX) of the print hardens the adherence of the image to the paper; This improves the chemical stability of the print as well as its permanence and archival properties while also defining its appearance
- For a standard dilution of 1+3, the capacity of the toning solution is at least the
equivalent of 25 sheets of 20.3×25.4cm (8×10″) per liter
- Working strength solutions will normally last for up to 6 months in full, tightly capped bottles, 1 month in half tightly capped bottles, and up to 7 days in an open tray
|Package Weight||3.0 lbs|
|Package Dimensions||8.5 x 3.0 x 2.7 in|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||
8.5 x 3.0 x 2.7″