No products in the cart.
Leica M10-D Digital Rangefinder Camera
Mfr SKU: 20014
With no rear display, minimal yet effective controls, the Leica M10-D focuses on the desires of many photographers to concentrate solely on the act of making pictures.
Low in stock
Leica describes the M10-D with the evocative expression: “Digital body. Analog soul.” Always pushing to meld the inspirational merits of shooting film with the convenience and quality of digital, the M10-D is Leica’s take on an extremely straightforward shooting experience along with the imaging capabilities of their flagship M-series camera. By omitting virtually all automatic features, as well as a rear LCD screen, the M10-D’s simplicity is its core attribute, and affords unencumbered access to the four basic elements of photography: shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and focus. This principle is carried over to the operating aspects of the camera, including its manual rangefinder focusing mechanism, clear 0.73x-magnification optical viewfinder, and stills-only recording. Beyond handling and design, the M10-D still retains the imaging performance the M-series is known for, including the full-frame 24MP CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor, along with a sensitivity range of ISO 100-50000 and up to 5 fps continuous shooting. Designed as a camera with no distractions, the M10-D’s chief objective is to allow photographers to focus on the moment and work in a manner where the rangefinder camera excels.
24MP CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
A redeveloped full-frame 24MP CMOS sensor pairs with the Maestro II image processor to deliver a wide dynamic range with notable color rendering, as well as enhanced sensitivity from ISO 100-50000 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The image processor also incorporates a 2GB buffer to afford fast continuous shooting at 5 fps for up to 40 consecutive frames in a burst.
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The optical viewfinder is a large, bright-line 0.73x-magnification rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and bright-line frame lines, which are set to match the image sensor size at a focusing distance of 6.6′. On the front of the camera, a viewfinder frame selector can also be used to manually change the apparent image field to help visualize the scene with varying focal lengths; options are available in 35mm/135mm, 28mm/90mm, and 50mm/75mm focal length pairs.
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
- Characterized by its lack of a rear LCD screen, the M10-D, instead, has a rear +/- 3 EV exposure compensation dial that is reminiscent of film-era Leicas’ ISO dial. The outside ring of this dial is also where the On/Off selector is, as well as a dedicated On with Wi-Fi position.
- Simulating the design of a film advance lever on the top plate, an integrated fold-out thumb rest improves ergonomics, handling, and shooting stability, especially with heavier lenses.
- Dedicated button to the right of the shutter release is used to check the battery level and remaining storage on the SD memory card, which is displayed in the viewfinder.
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica’s film cameras for easier handling and manipulation.
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- Based on the M10-P, the M10-D gains the same ultra quiet shutter design along with an inconspicuous appearance without a Leica red dot.
- Black chrome finish body has a genuine leather wrap.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses or working with super wide-angle lenses; the EVF only supports viewing and capturing functions as there is no menu or playback functionality with the camera.
Built-In Wi-Fi and Leica FOTOS App
Accessible via the dedicated On with Wi-Fi mode, along with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and also enables remote control over the M10-D and remote shooting via a live view image. The app can also be used to adjust camera settings, such as date/time recording, JPEG/DNG shooting, SD card formatting, and other seldom-needed functions.
5976 x 3992
|Sensor Type / Size||
CMOS, 24 x 36 mm
Still Images: DNG, JPEG
|Memory Card Type||
SD SDHC SDXC
8 – 1/4000 Second , Bulb Mode 125 – 1/4000 Second in Aperture Priority Mode
Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual Metering Range: EV -1.0 – EV 20.0
Up to 5 fps at 24 MP for up to 40 Frames
|Max Sync Speed||
1 / 180 Second
|External Flash Connection||
Leica EVF Socket
1 x BP-SCL5 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.4 VDC, 1300 mAh
Operating 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||
5.5 x 3.1 x 1.5″ / 139.0 x 80.0 x 38.5 mm