No products in the cart.
Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 Lens
- Mfr# 11695
- Leica M Mount
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/22
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 3.3′
- Lightweight and Slim Profile
- Dedicated Lens Hood Included
Special Order - Available in 2 to 4 weeks - Depending on availability from manufacturer
Inspired by the classic screw-mount version of this lens from 1955, this Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 Lens has been updated to contemporary standards, and fitted with an M-mount bayonet, yet still sports the ultra slim profile and vintage aesthetic. This wide-angle prime’s calling card is its small, discreet size that is ideal for use as an everyday lens, and its symmetrical six elements in four groups optical design renders subjects with natural contrast and distinctive vignetting for a unique character and analog quality. Manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 3.3′ away, and an integrated depth of field scale aids in pre-focusing for faster, more spontaneous shooting. Complementing the lens is an included lens hood that is machined from solid brass to match the classic lines of the lens as well as guard against stray light from affecting image quality.
- Modeled after the original screw mount version from 1955, this revised edition utilizes the same classic optical design but updated with contemporary materials and 6-bit coding to better support working with digital rangefinder cameras.
- Both a wide-angle field of view and discreet profile, which measures less than 0.8″-long, make this lens ideal for street photography and other everyday shooting applications.
- Classic symmetrical optical design uses six elements in four groups to achieve a distinctly analog appearance with natural contrast, fine rendition of details and sharpness, and noticeable vignetting for an aesthetic, unique image quality.
- Manual focus design provides a minimum focusing distance of 3.3′ with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:33.4. An integrated depth of field scale aids when using pre-focusing techniques, and a long focus throw offers greater precision for isolating subjects in the frame.
- Included lens hood is machined from solid brass to further recall the historical character of the lens.
|Package Weight||1.3 lbs|
|Package Dimensions||7.8 x 6.0 x 4.0 in|
|Camera Mount Type||
|Angle of View||
|Smallest Object Field||
31.5 x 47.3″ / 801 x 1201 mm
0.09″ / 2.4 mm (position from bayonet flange)
|Minimum Focus Distance||
3.3′ / 1 m
6 elements in 4 groups
2.0 x 0.7″ / 51 x 18 mm
5.8 oz / 165 g
f/5.6 to f/22