No products in the cart.
NIKON Z 7 Digital Mirrorless Camera Body – Black
Mfr SKU: 34300
The high-resolution Z7 has 45.7 effective megapixels, and supports a standard sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600. In combination with NIKKOR Z lenses, the camera achieves an outstanding level of sharpness and detail, all the way to the edges of the image.
Mfr SKU: 34300
The high-resolution Z 7 has 45.7 effective megapixels, and supports a standard sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600. In combination with NIKKOR Z lenses, the camera achieves an outstanding level of sharpness and detail, all the way to the edges of the image.
1. Equipped with a new backside illumination Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor with built-in
focal-plane phase-detection AF pixels A backside illumination CMOS sensor without an Optical Low Pass Filter, with focal-plane phasedetection AF pixels, has been adopted for both the Z 7 and the Z 6. The Z 7 has 45.7 effective megapixels, and supports ISO 64-25600 range of standard sensitivities (reduction to the equivalent of ISO 32 and expansion to the equivalent of ISO 102400 is also possible). The Z 6 has an effective pixel count of 24.5 megapixels, and supports a broad range of standard sensitivities, from ISO 100-51200 (additional reduction to the equivalent of ISO 50 and expansion to the equivalent of ISO 204800).
2. A fast and accurate hybrid AF system with focus points covering approximately 90 per cent of the imaging area
The Z 7 has 493 focus points* and the Z 6 has 273 focus points*, enabling broad coverage of approximately 90% of the imaging area both horizontally and vertically. This hybrid AF system uses an algorithm optimized for the FX-format sensor, to automatically switch between focal-plane phase-detection AF and contrast-detect AF when focusing to quickly acquire focus. Newlydesigned NIKKOR Z lenses take full advantage of this system, providing faster, quieter and with increased AF accuracy than previously possible for both still images and videos. *With FX (36Å~24) image area and single-point AF enabled.
3. The new EXPEED 6 image-processing engine for sharp and clear imaging, and new functions that support creativity
The Z 7 and Z 6 are equipped with the new EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. Employing the superior resolving power of NIKKOR Z and NIKKOR F mount lenses, subjects are rendered more sharply than ever before. Noise is also effectively reduced. Additionally, a mid-range sharpening option has been added to Picture Control sharpness parameters. This option, along with existing sharpening and clarity parameters, allows users to make various textures within the screen sharper or softer, for both still images and video*. The cameras also offer 20 options of Creative Picture Control, supporting creative imaging expression.
4. An electronic viewfinder that utilizes Nikon’s superior optical and image-processing technologies to offer a clear and natural view
The electronic viewfinder adopted for the Z 7 and Z 6 is comfortable and easy to use, comparable to optical viewfinders. Both cameras are equipped with an electronic viewfinder for which an approximately 3,690k-dot OLED panel has been adopted. The electronic viewfinder has frame coverage and magnification of approximately 100 per cent and 0.8x, respectively, as well as an approximately 37.0Åã diagonal viewing angle. It draws on Nikon’s superior optical technologies and image-processing technologies, ensuring a clear and comfortable view, with reduced aberration and minimum eyestrain, even during extended shoots. Furthermore, a fluorine coat that effectively repels dirt has been applied to the eyepiece protection window. In addition, the <i> menu can be displayed in the electronic viewfinder, allowing users to quickly view and adjust a variety of shooting settings, including ISO sensitivity, AF-area mode, and Picture Control, all while looking through the viewfinder.
5. An ergonomic design unique to Nikon that enables intuitive and familiar operation
The Z 7 and Z 6 have inherited the superior operability that Nikon has cultivated over the years through its development of cameras. The bodies are compact, while boasting a firm grip that is easy to hold, and the sub-selector and buttons such as AF-ON, ISO, and exposure compensation are all placed so that they can be operated swiftly and easily. Additionally, a display panel has been placed on the top plate of the camera, where information about settings can be displayed, similar to high-end digital SLR camera models.
6. Video functions such as 10-bit N-Log that enables wide dynamic range, and timecoding that respond to professional needs
The Z 7 and Z 6 support recording of not only full-frame 4K UHD (3840 Å~ 2160)/30p movies using the FX-based video format, but also full-HD/120p movies. Sharper 4K UHD movies are made possible, using the full-pixel readout.*1 Additionally, Active D-Lighting, electronic vibration reduction, and focus peaking can be used with 4K UHD and Full-HD movie recording. Nikon’s original N-Log colour profile can also be used with 10-bit*2 HDMI output. The N-Log setting utilizes extensive colour depth and twelve-stop, 1,300% dynamic range to record*3 a wealth of tone information from highlights and shadows for more effective colour grading. Timecode support makes synchronizing video and sound to footage recorded across multiple devices easier. Additionally, the control ring built into NIKKOR Z lenses can be used to quietly and smoothly adjust settings such as aperture and exposure compensation.
*1 DX-based movie format with the Z 7.
*2 Simultaneous recording of 4K UHD movies with 10-bit output to the camera’s memory card is not possible.
*3 Movies are recorded to the external recorder only.
7. Nikon’s first*1 in-camera vibration reduction with approximately 5.0-stop*2 effectiveness
The Z 7 and Z 6 are equipped with in-camera vibration reduction (VR). The VR unit provides compensation for movement along five axes. The effects of vibration reduction are equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately 5.0 stops*1. This function can also be used effectively with NIKKOR F lenses, including those not equipped with a VR function, with the Mount Adapter
FTZ (sold separately)*3.
*1 Among interchangeable-lens cameras
*2 Measured in accordance with CIPA standards (using the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S at the telephoto zoom position).
*3 The level of compensation achieved when a NIKKOR F mount lens is used is not as high as when a NIKKOR
Z lens is used.
8. Other features
• Same level of strength and durability, as well as dust- and drip- resistance, as the Nikon D850, offered in a compact body
• A 3.2-in., approximately 2,100k-dot touch-sensitive LCD monitor, with a tilting mechanism
• Silent photography function eliminates shake and noise caused by shutter release
• Peaking stack image function*1 enables confirmation of focus depth after shooting using focus shift, which is convenient for focus stacking*2
• High-speed continuous shooting (extended)*3 at approximately 9 fps (Z 7) and 12 fps (Z 6) captures fast motion
• Interval timer photography that makes 8K (Z 7) time-lapse movie creation*2 possible
• An extended low-light metering range*4 allows users to easily capture scenes such as the transition from sunset to starry night sky, using aperture-priority auto exposure
• Built-in Wi-Fi. for direct connection to a smart device using SnapBridge
• Built-in Wi-Fi. makes the transfer of images and movies to a computer possible
• Support for existing digital SLR camera accessories such as the EN-EL15/a/b batteries, WT- 7/A/B/C Wireless Transmitter (available separately) for transferring images and movies at high speed over a wired or wireless LAN, and radio-controlled/optical controlled Advanced Wireless which makes flexible multi-flash photography possible
*1 Can only be confirmed using the camera with which focus shift was performed.
*2 Third-party software is required.
*3 Continuous H (extended) in 12-bit RAW, JPEG, or TIFF format
*4 With interval timer shooting or time-lapse movie recording with silent photography and exposure smoothing enabled.
|Memory Card Type||
Nikon Z/FX Mount