No products in the cart.
Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM Lens
Mfr SKU: SEL135F18GM
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- XA Element, Super ED and ED Elements
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Two Focus Hold Buttons
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
An F1.8 135-mm prime with superb resolution, bokeh and AF
Unsparing application of Sony’s most advanced optical technologies has produced a large-aperture prime telephoto lens that delivers outstanding resolution even at F1.8, plus exquisite bokeh that is a hallmark of the G Master series.
XA and Super ED elements deliver high resolution even at F1.8
XA (extreme aspherical), Super ED (extra-low dispersion) glass, and ED glass elements precisely deployed in an advanced optical design effectively correct aberration, while a floating focus system works with these aberration correction measures to ensure that the highest possible resolution is maintained right out to the image edges throughout the lens’s focus range.
Big, beautiful, natural bokeh
The extremely high surface precision of XA elements, careful control of spherical aberration at both the design and the manufacturing stages, and an 11-blade circular aperture all come together to produce spectacularly smooth, elegant G Master bokeh that maximizes the creative potential of the narrow depth of field available with this 135-mm F1.8 lens.
ED glass elements control colour aberration
One Super ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element and one ED glass element are strategically positioned to compensate for axial chromatic aberration that is often a problem in large-aperture telephoto lenses, achieving impressive sharpness. In addition to improving resolution, this configuration minimizes colour fringing that can occur in background and foreground bokeh.
Dual front and rear XD linear motors achieve fast, precise, quiet AF
Sony’s innovative XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors also play an important role, making it possible to maintain focus on moving portrait subjects, performers on stage or similarly dynamic subjects with impressive speed, precision and reliability, while also providing quiet, low-vibration AF control.
Nano AR Coating enhances flare resistance
Sony’s original Nano AR Coating technology provides an effective solution, suppressing internal reflections that can lead to flare and ghosting so that optimum contrast and clarity are achieved in the widest possible range of shooting conditions. (1. Nano AR coating / 2. Glass / 3. Transmitted light)
Durable, lightweight magnesium alloy
The lens barrel chassis is constructed of a durable, lightweight magnesium alloy. The hardness of the alloy helps to maintain optimum optical precision and reliability, while its lightness contributes to reduced overall weight.
Excellent response and fine linear focus control
The focus ring features Linear Response MF, allowing precise control and instantaneous response when focusing manually for stills or movies. Focus responds linearly to focus ring rotation so that the camera accurately follows operator input in a way that feels similar to mechanically coupled systems.
Dust and moisture resistance maintains reliability in harsh environments
A dust and moisture resistant design3 provides the protection needed for reliable operation in challenging outdoor environments.
Customizable focus hold buttons on the side and top
Customizable focus hold buttons are provided on the side and top surfaces of the lens for easy access and convenient control when shooting in horizontal or vertical orientation — and at just about any angle. AF and other functions can be assigned to the focus hold buttons as required.
Fluorine coated front element
The front lens surface features a fluorine coating that resists fingerprints, dust, water, oil and other contaminants, and makes cleaning easier if any contaminants do become attached to the lens.
Focus range limiter
A focus range limiter switch (∞–1.5 m/2 m–0.7 m) makes it possible to limit AF operation to a predetermined range to maximize AF speed and prevent focusing on unwanted objects. The Far (∞–1.5 m) setting covers medium, head-and-shoulders, and full-length portraits, while the Near (2 m–0.7 m) setting is ideal for close-ups of the face or extreme close-ups of details
Easy de-click for movies
An aperture ring provides the type of immediacy and response that professionals need for both still photography and videography. An aperture click switch allows the aperture ring click stops to be engaged or disengaged as required. Engaging the click stops provides tactile feedback that can make it easier to gauge how much the ring has been adjusted by feel, and is therefore a good choice for still photography. When the click stops are disengaged the aperture ring moves smoothly and quietly, providing seamless, silent control for moviemaking.
Versatile fingertip focus control
A focus mode switch allows quick switching between AF (autofocus) and MF (manual focus) modes for smooth, interrupted shooting.
Complementing the optical assets, this lens is also notable for its inclusion of an 11-blade circular diaphragm to produce smooth, soft-edged bokeh with selective focus imagery. For controlling focus, an XD Linear Motor system is employed that is quick and quiet, and also lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to support shooting in inclement conditions and dedicated focus hold buttons, AF/MF switch, and manual aperture ring lend further control while shooting.
- As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Medium telephoto prime designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 135mm f/1.8 is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- One XA element is incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- An XD Linear Motor system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Two customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Maximum: f/1.8 Minimum: f/22
35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||
|Minimum Focus Distance||
2.3′ / 70 cm
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||
13 Elements in 10 Groups
Front: 82 mm
3.52 x 5.00″ / 89.5 x 127 mm
2.09 lb / 950 g